ASP .NET - Development Server(Local Host) - Page Not found problem

I typically, do not use Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 from my laptop, but today I had to. I designed a simple page and tried to run that, but it said " Page can not be displayed, check your Internet Connection.. blah blah" . I searched over the internet regarding this error but most of the solutions were regarding IIS which I was not using at that time. 

After some time I found that  the problem is because of IPV6 supports of ASP.NET Development Server. To disable IPV6 so that ASP.NET Development Server runs, we can do as below.

1. Go to c:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\.

2. Edit file hosts. Put a ‘#’ before the rows “::1 localhost”.

3. Save it.

If you can not save the file and get some permission errors, follow the following steps:

1.  Run cmd as Administrator ( in Windows Vista) first. 

2. Go to c:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\ from command prompt. 

3. Type "Edit hosts" there

4. Put a ‘#’ before the rows “::1 localhost” and save it.

After saving the file go to your visual studio, compile the website again. It will run. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

“Apple tablet”: How will it look like?

Techno-Quotes

Passing parameters programmatically to Crystal report